Skip to main content

A lady I would loved to have met

I have read some of her works, and truly loved the movie "Henry & June". I read this quote by Anais today and felt compelled to share it.

I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don’t mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don’t mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, be all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding.

- Anais Nin
Are there any women like this still available?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Due to the fact that RHEL/CentOS server software lags so far behind, today I converted one of my servers to an Ubuntu server. I almost regret installing from their live server image as opposed to their live workstation image. The basic install went well I thought all text based. But upon first boot I couldn't login. Thankfully google showed me how to boot into init 2, mode and after several tries to the key sequence right to get the grub menu I booted and discovered the admin user i specified was never created. After fixing that, rebooting and logging in as new user with admin, i discovered networking was not configured. After googling manual ubuntu network configure, I discover that bionic uses a new network configuring system called netplan. Anyway, the server is now networked and currently updating all the packages. Hopefully I will have it all up and running before my new ASUS Tinkerboard arrives today.

I am thankful

I will readily admit that I have not and do not give thanks often enough for the good things in my life. While I never want to be thankful in the manner of those countless rote blessings I heard at the table before each meal as a child, I believe I should give thanks more often than on this annual holiday. Oh well, perhaps that will be a good resolution for the forthcoming new year. I am thankful for: Reasonably good health Respectful friends, especially one budding new friend Knowing that within me the embers of affection and passion continue to glow, patiently awaiting the chance to burn brightly again A caring family Life's lessons that have been bestowed upon me throughout the years A job that allows me to prepare for a secure retirement